Thursday, September 20, 2012

Winning a Local Photo Contest

It's a first for me.  But that's because it's also the first time I have ever entered a photo contest before.  But I won a local photo contest...just a small one...but I enjoyed participating.  It gives me a bit of a boost in confidence and morale as well.  My winning photo was put in the local newspaper and online paper as well today.  The contest was last week and part of the activities of our local Camera Club.  It was my first time there.  Each month they have a theme contest and September's theme was "Hats".  Tonight I will post a few of my photos on this theme, but the photo I won with has children in it.  I did get permission to allow the photo to be published in the local newspapers and online paper but I have not discussed it with the parents for posting it here.  I'm excited about it and of course love getting to brag about it.  
October's theme is a spooky theme for Halloween.  It is "Transparency-Shadows-Ghosts" and I probably won't have anything to enter for October.  Halloween is not my thing.

Okay, so here are some of my "Hats" photos, although none of the ones I took with the kids in them, and not the winning photo.  If I get permission, I will post the winning photo here too.





 

No comments: