Friday, March 21, 2008

Frustrations Abound

For the past few weeks since I bought my Kodak EasyShare Z885 Digital Camera, I have been making lots of videos of my grandkids and transferring them to CD's. Today I was just checking them out and realized that the videos on my computer are great, complete with good lighting, color, and sound. However, the videos on the CD's are missing the sound, or only have little bits of sound here and there with total silence in between. I have no idea what is going on or why the sound portion of the videos is not transferring to the CD's. What am I doing wrong? Maybe I should be using DVD's instead of CD's? I thought about that, but CD's should hold the sound since it is CD's that are used for music. At first I thought it was the program I used because the later CD's I used the EasyShare program to burn the CD's and the earlier ones I just sent the files to the CD from the file where they were saved. But the sound was bad on all the CD's, not just the latest ones.

Well, for now I am going to go get some DVD's because I have used up the last of the CD's I had getting all the grandkid photos and videos transferred. I know the DVD's will hold a lot more than the CD's do. and maybe the videos will work on them. Either way, I want to get all the photos transferred again and keep the photo DVD's separate from the video DVD's. Then when I get them all transferred the way I want them, I will just throw away the others since they are not the kind that can be recorded over.

Is there anyone out there in cyberspace reading this blog that knows what the problem is and can tell me how to correct it?

No comments: