Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Granddaughter's Art and More

The other night I decided it was time to try out some new filters to see what I might be able to do with them.  After getting several installed, my granddaughter and I started playing around with some of her photos to see what effects we came up with.  She's 12 years old and has been greatly interested in learning photography and how to use editing programs to make her own photographic artwork.  The following photo is what she came up with on her own using one of her own photographs.  It's so good I just had to share it with you.  The original photo is of a sherbet glass and a small flower vase containing multicolored glass marbles.  She would love to hear your comments about her photo.


Since that night, I have started working on my own photos to see what I might come up with using these new filters.  Yes, I tried to use her special effects on my photos but so far they just do not look this good.  So I used my own choices with my photographs.  Here are the newest results.  You can also see them and other photographs on my new website. You can also see my work at Xanadu Gallery.






As much as I love making the kaleidoscopes, I might just end up not making many more.  Then again, who knows?

No comments: