Monday, September 1, 2014

Blog Posts, Portfolios, Brochures, Business Cards, and More?

Here it is early morning, September 1st, Labor Day.  Very early morning.  A little mood music on the side.  The Monkees.  Who remembers them?  Growing up they were my favorites of many musical groups of the day.  Growing up.  Now there is something to think about, but I'll leave that to your imagination because right now I want to talk about the e-course I've been taking that is given by Jason Horejs, owner of Xanadu Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ.  When I signed up for this free course ( click here  for more information on this free e-course) I didn't realize how much information I would get.  The course is so easy to take.  You get one email a day with information and an assignment.  The assignments are fairly simple to understand and complete.  In most cases I finish with each email and basic part of the assignment in a few minutes time.  However, right now I have reached the place where I have to be creative in regards to promoting myself.  UGH!!!  Does anyone really enjoy this part?  But I have to say that since I started this course, I have progressed much further than I would have at this time without having taken the course.  Of course the most amazing part is having my art accepted into Xanadu Gallery's website gallery.  It took me hours to try to decide which of my photographs to submit.  Since then I have been busy making more art to hopefully submit soon.  Oh, and also working on my first brochure.  For this assignment I have decided to pretend to have a specific show date that I am preparing for and I gave myself a deadline to get it completed, which is September 15, 2014.  Since I am still working on ideas for a realistic concept for my business cards, I haven't made those yet.  My portfolio right now consists of everything you find here and on my second site which you find in the Page Two tab above, as well as on my Flickr photostream.  Right now, in addition to writing this post, I am tweeting, and reading this article about how to increase the number of followers on Twitter.  By the way, you can find me on Twitter by simply typing in @capirani. But in all honestly, I really hate the promotional portion of this.  I would much rather just be creating art.  But I tell you this much:  I would much rather be doing this than what will come soon and that is the bookkeeping.  Oh I better leave this blog right now before I get a headache... 

No comments: